Services in Canada
WITHIN REACH, BEYOND REACH
REACH and other Chemical Management Regulations
Regulation (EC) 1907/2006, or simply REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) is the European Union's regulatory system for chemical substances. The legislation aims to improve the protection of human health and the environment from the risks of chemical substances, and the safe use of substances throughout their life cycle.
REACH applies to the manufacture, import, marketing and use of chemical substances, substances in preparations, as well as for substances in articles.
Chemical regulations similar to REACH are being introduced in other parts of the world and several countries are strengthening their existing programmes (e.g., China, Japan, Korea, Turkey, Canada, Australia, USA).
How can Golder help your company?
The Golder Associates REACH Team (GART) is a global network with local REACH professionals on every continent. Through GART, Golder offers the following services:
- REACH compliance
- REACH audits
- Preparation for regulatory inspections
- Support to non-EU companies
- Strategic REACH planning
- Determination of company roles, obligations and deadlines
- Chemical inventories
- Communication in the supply chain
- Assistance (management and expertise) in SIEFs and Consortia
- Third Party Representative (TPR) services
- Services associated with testing and measurements:
- Management of laboratories carrying out REACH-related tests (physico-chemical, toxicological, ecotoxicological tests)
- Workplace quality monitoring
- Environmental quality monitoring
- REACH registration
- Hazard assessment: assessment of quality of existing test data (including Klimisch scoring/rating), data gap analysis, generation of non-testing data by "read-across" and quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR), literature search, preparation of testing proposals and cost estimates, classification and labelling
- Exposure assessment and risk assessment: modelling of occupational exposure and exposure for consumers and the environment (by means of software such as ECETOC TRA, RISKOFDERM, ART, STOFFENMANAGER, EUSES, CHESAR)
- Preparation of technical dossiers: elaboration of Chemical Safety Assessments (CSA), Chemical Safety Reports (CSR) and Exposure Scenarios (ES), filling in of data in IUCLID 5
- Elaboration, review and updating of the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) including creation of Exposure Scenarios for e-SDS
- Notification of substances of very high concern (SVHC) added to the Candidate List
- Classification and labelling for preparations
- Notification/registration of chemical substances in non-EU jurisdictions (e.g. Turkey, China, Korea, Japan, Canada, Australia, USA).
For further information on our REACH services, contact:
or by country:
- AUSTRALIA: Peter Di Marco (Perth, WA)
- CANADA (East Coast): Theresa Repaso-Subang (Mississauga, ON)
- CANADA (West Coast): Ryan Stevenson (Burnaby, BC)
- CHINA: Maggie Zhu (Shanghai)
- FINLAND: Kenneth Bergroth (Tampere)
- FRANCE: Rosana Moraes (Lyon)
- GERMANY: Jasmin Samimi (Celle)
- HONG KONG: Paul Kau (Kong Kong)
- ITALY: Piotr Kociolek (Turin [Torino])
- SOUTH AFRICA: Ralph Heath (Johannesburg (Midrand))
- SOUTH AMERICA: Cristiane Andrade de Lima (Rio de Janeiro)
- SWEDEN: Maria Florberger (Gotheburg [Göteborg])
- UK & IRELAND: Chris McDonald (Nottingham)
- USA: Sue Robinson (Redmond, WA)
If the country in which you are located is not listed above then please contact the nearest country to you, or our Global contact listed above.