Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
With over 50 years of experience in engineering and environmental consulting to major industries around the world, Golder offers you a multidisciplinary team of specialists in energy and environmental sciences to help solve your most pressing energy, carbon and climate change challenges.
From energy and carbon management to renewable energy supply solutions, we use the best available technologies for carbon management and impact minimisation, thereby identifying for our clients cost-effective, sustainable operational solutions.
In the past decade alone, we've provided site inspection, project feasibility studies, conceptual designs, environmental assessments and permitting assistance, construction support, and operational compliance and optimisation for over 300 renewable energy projects in about 40 countries and more than 800 energy supply projects worldwide. We develop carbon strategies for single facilities or entire global corporate assets and analyse risk associated with climate change on current and anticipated future operations.
Our capabilities and experience also span the entire lifecycle of power generation -- from site selection and planning to feasibility and design to construction and decommissioning. Golder's regulatory knowledge and stakeholder engagement experience enables us to help you successfully navigate socially and environmentally sensitive projects in any region of the world.
Renewable Energy Supply
Golder's energy team specialises in the development of renewable energy sources including:
- Hydro/run of river/pumped storage
- Landfill gas to energy
- Waste to energy
- Carbon geosequestration/compressed air energy storage
Traditional Energy Supply
- Gas, Liquid and Solid Fuels
We understand the role of energy efficiency in sustainable and environmentally sound operations. We provide clients with a full range of energy management services including:
- Energy auditing and footprinting
- Detailed energy efficiency reviews and recommendations
- Greenhouse gas emission inventory and strategy development
- Renewable energy resource prospecting and evaluation
- Analysis of alternative energy options
- Renewable energy engineering design and review
- Project management, EPC oversight or contracting (construction)
- Operation/maintenance and/or monitoring support
Climate Change Adaptation
Our multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, meteorologists and technicians work closely with clients to address the uncertainties of climate change regarding energy operations. We offer a wide range of integrated services including:
- Regional Climate Variations Analysis
- Down scaling from Global Weather Models
- Comprehensive review of historical climate change data and projections
- Planning and design support
- Water supply/water quality and treatment
- Adaptation planning to address corporate sustainability goals, disclosure requirements and insurance questions
- Analysis of extreme weather events
Global Network, Local Solutions
Golder's global databases and online networking facilitate cross-industry knowledge sharing among Golder's 8,000 professionals located in 180 offices on six continents. Team members can access the expertise of fellow in-house Golder professionals for the latest in technology advances and industry best practices at any time.
Golder's Energy, Carbon & Climate services consultants often collaborate with other specialised service areas throughout the company such as:
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Social Management & Compliance Services
- Atmospheric Services
- Facility Siting
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestitures & Due Diligence