Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) Conference 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Golder Associates is pleased to be presenting and exhibiting at CIM 2012, the signature event of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum. A must attend conference for those in the mining industry, CIM 2012 is sure to be an exciting and promising event built around this year's theme "MINERALS FOR ALL SEASONS".
Please visit Golder's exhibit booth (#919) to discuss how the integrated engineering, environmental and social consulting services that our technical experts offer can support your organization. As well, we are offering the opportunity to connect with Golder's teams during the following technical sessions that we are presenting:
- Julie Ross, Senior Archaeologist, will present on Tuesday May 8th at 8:30 AM in Salon 8. This session will focus on "Navigating Unfamiliar Territory: The Northern Environmental Assessment Process".
- Roxanne Scott, Senior Socio-Economist, will present on Tuesday May 8th at 8:30 AM in Salon 9. This session will focus on "Water as a Human Right: Considerations for Sustainable Management of Water Resources in the Extractive Industry ".
- Lyriam Marques, Associate, will present on Tuesday May 8th at 3:30 PM in Salon 8. This session will focus on "Opportunities for establishment of Jack pine ecosites on the Oilsand Reclaimed Landscape using Soil Sulphur Oxidizing Bacteria and Amendments of Elemental Sulphur ".
- Catharine Shaw, Business Development Manager, Mining, will present on Tuesday May 8th at 3:30 PM in Salon 9. This session will focus on "Working Resource or Wasted Talent: Are women and mining not meant to be?".
In addition, Golder staff will be hosting the following short course as a part of the Canadian Rock Mechanics Association Symposium ("RockEng") at the Westin Hotel Edmonton:
- Chris Phillips and George Schneider, Senior Geophysicists, will be hosting a one-day short course on Sunday May 6th. This course will focus on " The Use of Geophysics for Rock Engineering Projects: Benefits and Potential Pitfalls ". For details on RockEng symposium registration please visit the following link: http://www.cim.org/edmonton2012/rockeng2012/Registration.cfm
Golder has also sponsored the exploration pavilion at the Mining 4 Society (M4S) event leading up to the conference from May 3rd to 5th. Please join us and World Champion gold panning expert, Yukon Dan, at the interactive gold panning exhibit to try your hand at panning for gold!
Address of Conference Venue:
Shaw Conference Centre
9797 Jasper Avenue N.W.
Edmonton, AB T5J 1N9
For more information on Golder's participation at this conference, please contact:
Ph: 416 366 6999 (Toronto Office)